Hunter × Hunter – Full Color — Official VIZ Translation (EN) [PZG]
Hunter × Hunter (pronounced “hunter hunter”) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yoshihiro Togashi. It has been serialized in Shueisha‘s shōnen manga magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump since March 1998.
Gon might be a country boy, but he has high aspirations. Despite his Aunt Mito’s protests, Gon decides to follow in his father’s footsteps and become a legendary Hunter. The Hunter hopefuls begin their journey by storm-tossed ship, where Gon meets Leorio and Kurapika, the only other applicants who aren’t devastated by bouts of seasickness. Having survived the terrors of the high seas, Gon and his companions now have to prove their worth in a variety of tests in order to find the elusive Exam Hall. And once they get there, will they ever leave alive…?
“Secret treasure hoards, undiscovered wealth… mystical places, unexplored frontiers… ‘The mysterious unknown.’ There’s magic in such words for those captivated by its spell. They are called ‘Hunters’!”
Gon Freecss wants to become a Hunter so he can find his father, a man who abandoned him to pursue a life of adventure. But it’s not that simple: only one in one hundred thousand can pass the Hunter Exam, and that is just the first obstacle on his journey. During the Hunter Exam, Gon befriends many other potential Hunters, such as the mysterious Killua; the revenge-driven Kurapika; and Leorio, who aims to become a doctor. There’s a world of adventure and peril awaiting, and those who embrace it with open arms can become the greatest Hunters of them all!
COVER IMAGE CREDITS:
. P. Z. G.
. に ま
. The 2011 anime covers upto Chapter 339.
. Taking the official Japanese colored version, swapping in all the viz translations including full SFX redraws.
. Minor deviations from the VIZ text (where necessary) are marked by a small wrench (🔧) near the text. Sometimes VIZ completely forgets to translate something, for example.
. Only for Vol. 02.: minor colour changes e.g. Biscuit’s hair colour, Hisoka’s hair colour, etc. present.
. Base SFX redraws for chapters 001–013 done by Gondo.
. Single pages are 1600×2400 resolution (2:3).
. Double pages are 3200×2400 resolution (4:3).
—Phantom Z. Greyfire
- Volume 34
- Chapter 361 - Withdraw 04-Nov
- Chapter 008 - The Other Enemy 11-Jul
- Chapter 007 - Respective Reasons 11-Jul
- Chapter 006 - The First Phase Begins: Part 2 11-Jul
- Chapter 005 - The First Phase Begins: Part 1 11-Jul
- Chapter 004 - Kiriko: Wicked Magical Vulpes 11-Jul
- Chapter 003 - The Ultimate Choice 11-Jul
- Chapter 002 - An Encounter in the Storm 11-Jul
- Chapter 001 - The Day of Departure 11-Jul
- Chapter 017 - Disparate Choice 12-Jul
- Chapter 016 - Enter the Taskmasters 12-Jul
- Chapter 015 - The Path of Majority Rules 12-Jul
- Chapter 014 - A Game at Midnight: Part 2 31-Jul
- Chapter 013 - A Game at Midnight: Part 1 11-Jul
- Chapter 012 - The Chairman Arrives 11-Jul
- Chapter 011 - The Inevitable Outcome 11-Jul
- Chapter 010 - An Unexpected Task 11-Jul
- Chapter 009 - A Struggle in the Mist 11-Jul
- Chapter 230 - 9: Part 1 11-Jul
- Chapter 340 - Special Mission 31-Aug
- Chapter 339 - Stillness 31-Aug
- Chapter 338 - Atop a Tree 29-Aug
- Chapter 337 - Repentance 25-Aug
- Chapter 336 - Release 23-Aug
- Chapter 335 - Decision 22-Aug
- Chapter 334 - Total Defeat 22-Aug
- Chapter 333 - Rumble 08-Aug
- Chapter 332 - Applause 02-Aug
- Chapter 331 - Day of Reckoning 31-Jul
- Chapter 350 - Prince 16-Oct
- Chapter 349 - Worm Toxin 16-Oct
- Chapter 348 - Resolve 16-Oct
- Chapter 347 - Inauguration 16-Oct
- Chapter 346 - Options 11-Oct
- Chapter 345 - Signature 03-Oct
- Chapter 344 - Author 26-Sep
- Chapter 343 - Invitation 19-Sep
- Chapter 342 - Challenge 12-Sep
- Chapter 341 - Threats 06-Sep